Rockport Tx. Parks

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by perrodiablo, Jul 2, 2007.

1. perrodiablo

perrodiablo
    Expand Collapse

I have narrowed it down to Sandollar Marina, Watersedge, Seaport Village... Anyone seen these are stayed/driven through these. The pics look nice, HOWEVER!, can be deceiving. I really like having a pier inside the park.

Also as a newbie...The lady at one of these told me that if my trailer was a 30 amp that I could not park at a 50 amp space (which are the only ones on the water). She said it could blow my electrical. TRUE or FALSE?

Thanks a million to all of you.

Tom
    Grand Prairie, TX.

2. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

"Could blow my electrical"--"could" being the important word. I suppose anything "could" happen. However, my brother-in-law brings his 30 amp motor home to our place and plugs into our 50 amp plug with no problem. Of course he has to use an adapter to go from the receptacle to his 30 amp cord, but other than that everything works just fine. Now I'm far from being an expert on this--I'm just reporting our experience. A service tech where you bought your RV might be a good source to ask.

3. Cheryl

Cheryl
    Expand Collapse

My husband just got home from work - at a Co-generation plant where they make electricity, where he is an electrician. I asked him. He says you can plug a 30 amp camper into a 50 amp site, you will probably need an adapter plug though. Your camper has fuses that takes care of the ampage. You can plug a 50 into a 30 also, you just wouldn't be able to run all of your electrical "things" at the same time. That could burn up your wires.

4. TexasRee

TexasRee
    Expand Collapse

I would choose Watersedge over the Sand Dollar. I cannot place the Seaport Village, but like the website. Be sure to take a tour of the Fulton Mansion while in Rockport. It is really interesting and worth the time.

Jurhee

QUOTE(Cheryl @ Jul 2 2007, 05:25 PM) [snapback]7556[/snapback]

My husband just got home from work - at a Co-generation plant where they make electricity, where he is an electrician. I asked him. He says you can plug a 30 amp camper into a 50 amp site, you will probably need an adapter plug though. Your camper has fuses that takes care of the ampage. You can plug a 50 into a 30 also, you just wouldn't be able to run all of your electrical "things" at the same time. That could burn up your wires.