Rv Condos

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by Kathleen M, Apr 24, 2007.

1. Kathleen M

Kathleen M
    Expand Collapse

Greetings! I am interested in buying a RV condo and would like recommendations as to the best and the worst in this new niche market. I'm in Arizona now but am also interested in parks/condos in Florida. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your comments.
    All the best,
    Kathleen :D

2. Ted Deits

Ted Deits
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Kathleen M @ Apr 24 2007, 09:59 PM) [snapback]6929[/snapback]

Greetings! I am interested in buying a RV condo and would like recommendations as to the best and the worst in this new niche market. I'm in Arizona now but am also interested in parks/condos in Florida. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your comments.
    All the best,
    Kathleen :D

Hi Kathleen:

I stumbled on your post while just lurking here. I am a developer of what you are looking for, however my project is in California. http://www.rvstorage.biz

I do know of several condo developments in Florida. While this is a rather new concept, you will find pricing all over the map. Some high, some low, some way out of line. The first thing to ask is to make certain you actually buy the land. Many of these developments are on leased land, you are expected to pony up extra $ every month for the land on top of your payment, Association dues, taxes etc.

Send me an e-mail or give me a call and I can guide you through it.

Good luck

Ted Deits
    Eucalyptus at Beaumont
    A Private Storage Community

3. Beastdriver

Beastdriver
    Expand Collapse

Kathleen:

I would think long and hard about buying a site. The words "time share" come to mind when I consider this. I know that others seem to like this concept but I personally think a careful analysis of the drawbacks, costs, and downsides, provide a strong argument against buying a site. One of the great things about RV'ing is going from place to place. Tying yourself down to one or two places, and taking on the financial commitment of an RV condo is difficult to justify. Good luck.

4. abn

abn
    Expand Collapse

I definitely agree with BeastDriver on this issue.

Why buy a motorhome which enables you to go anywhere and everywhere and then tie yourself down to an rv condo? Just does not make sense to me.

He is also right about the drawbacks. Some of these places will rent your place out when you are not there and take half the money. You, however, still get to pay 100% of the electric and have the liability should someone get hurt on YOUR property. Not to mention the wear and tear your property is going to get.

I would strongly advise against this idea. Good luck tho whichever way you decide to go.

B)

5. Ted Deits

Ted Deits
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(abn @ May 8 2007, 01:27 PM) [snapback]7029[/snapback]

I definitely agree with BeastDriver on this issue.

Why buy a motorhome which enables you to go anywhere and everywhere and then tie yourself down to an rv condo? Just does not make sense to me.

He is also right about the drawbacks. Some of these places will rent your place out when you are not there and take half the money. You, however, still get to pay 100% of the electric and have the liability should someone get hurt on YOUR property. Not to mention the wear and tear your property is going to get.

I would strongly advise against this idea. Good luck tho whichever way you decide to go.

B)

Whoa whoa whoa!!

Unless I didn't understand her post, I was under the impression she was referring to Storage Condos. If I am mistaken I am really sorry.

However, some of the park sites here in California have done really well. Some owners have seen some significant appreciation on this type of property. But, that is in California.