Turtle Beach Campground

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by rv1, Mar 17, 2010.

1. rv1

rv1
    Expand Collapse

I am leaving for turtle beach campground sarasota florida april 1. I read all the reviews on it most from last year has anyone been there this year or at all I booked the second closest site to the beach someone beat me for the closest. If anyone has been there just want to know what I am in for any heads up. I will leaving chicago in a 31 foot motorhome towing a car with.

2. AhmaCamper

AhmaCamper
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(rv1 @ Mar 17 2010, 07:39 PM) [snapback]21313[/snapback]

I am leaving for turtle beach campground sarasota florida april 1. I read all the reviews on it most from last year has anyone been there this year or at all I booked the second closest site to the beach someone beat me for the closest. If anyone has been there just want to know what I am in for any heads up. I will leaving chicago in a 31 foot motorhome towing a car with.

I am wondering how you did. Were you able to get into your space? I went there in a 28' travel trailer that we could not get into the site. I asked them for one of those sites that were closer to the beach cause they sure looked bigger to me. There were 4 or 5 sites there closer to the beach that all looked bigger to me. However, they told me "no", that they were actually smaller. To read that they rented it to you with a 31' angers me all over again. We ended up leavng after 30 minutes of trying to get into our space and wrote to them for a refund. I have yet to get a reply from them after a week. They replied immediately when I wanted to rent a space though!

Knowing that you were rented one of those spaces gives me more ammunition to request a refund. I guess the next stop after that will be the Attorney General.