Whoop

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by Florida Native, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Florida Native

Florida Native
    Expand Collapse

We are in a Wal-Mart parking lot in Mansfield, OH with both slides stuck in the out position. Happened Sat night and no way to get it fixed. Lost all of my hydrolic fluid. Have called some folks to try and get it fix right here. Not a fun thing.

2. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Wow, what a mess. I thought slides also had a hand crank. We were told ours did, but we have never had to use it, and I have actually never even seen it. I'm also not sure if we would have the strength to to make it work, but maybe younger, stronger guys would be able to use it in an emergency. Good luck with your situation.

3. fpullanosr

fpullanosr
    Expand Collapse

Wow, sorry about your dilemma. Call the 800 # on your Good Sam road side assistance card. They will have a repair team there within 2 hours. They will also pay the charges.

Keep us posted.

4. Florida Native

Florida Native
    Expand Collapse

We finally did get Good Sam and they sent a guy. I had been on the phone with HWH the hydrolic folks. I was able to crank in my front slide almost all the way. This is not an easy thing for an old fart. The directions in the books were confusing. There are 4 pressure release nuts and they are well hidden. The service tech was able to make a temp repair that lasted until we got the rear slide in and the line split again. We are slideless and jackless, but we can move again. Very stressful situation.

5. Meyer Camping

Meyer Camping
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Lindsay Richards @ Jun 20 2011, 11:15 AM) [snapback]26544[/snapback]

We are in a Wal-Mart parking lot in Mansfield, OH with both slides stuck in the out position. Happened Sat night and no way to get it fixed. Lost all of my hydrolic fluid. Have called some folks to try and get it fix right here. Not a fun thing.

I have had to manually crank closed a slide on our TT and it was not fun at all! Our system was electric, not hydraulic so we did not have to release any pressure before cranking and cranking...

In our case, there was a spot that needed to be lubed that was not in the maintenance schedule. Once the repair tech pointed this out we were able to resolve the issue with slide lube but it sounds like your issue is going to involve quite a bit more!