American RV park in New Mexico ??

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by fiveton, Jul 19, 2003.

1. fiveton

fiveton
    Expand Collapse

Does anyone Have any info. on American RV Park in Albequerque (sp?) New Mexico??

2. Mike

Mike
    Expand Collapse

We stayed at this park one night in early June. The park is run down and parking is limited for tow or towed vehicles. Rv's are close together making it difficult to park and enjoy your site and the prices are out of line for what you get. I'll not stay there again.

3. fiveton

fiveton
    Expand Collapse

Mike,
    Are you sure this is the same campground? The Good Sam book gives it very high ratings. This one is directly off of I-40.

:eek:

4. fiveton

fiveton
    Expand Collapse

Mike,
    You are POSITIVELY mistaken. Just arrived at this Campground " American RV Park" in Albuquerque and it is fantastic. You must be thinking of another one down the road. I haven't been to it, but this one is deffinetly not rundown and the sites are not too close together. It's really a very nice rv park and in top notch condition. Everything is very clean and kept up.

5. Guest_veryolddog

Guest_veryolddog
    Expand Collapse

I stayed at American RV Park for two months. It is very well attended and clean. The rest rooms are immaculate. They have a free breakfast featuring cereal, bagels, butter, cream cheese, donuts, coffee, etc. The staff are very nice and helped my wife get the propane tanks filled when I was away on business. They also have very large pull thrus, concrete pads and a huge area to walk your pets. I had a monthly rate of $330.00 which I thought was very reasonable. I would recommend this park and stay there again when we return to NM to visit our son who lives there. :D

6. Mike

Mike
    Expand Collapse

Yes it was American RV. Woodall's is not always your best source. All I can say my experience with this CG was not good. To each his own.

7. Stu Hopper

Stu Hopper
    Expand Collapse

B) Does this campground have a website?

8. Webmaster

Webmaster
    Expand Collapse

9. bubbabod

bubbabod
    Expand Collapse

:D I agree with most of y'all. This is a nice RV Park, just off the freeway. A welcome sight after a long day on the road.

10. JohnnyT

JohnnyT
    Expand Collapse

We stayed at American RV Park twice during the month of September.. Other than the slight nuisance of their repaving activity this is a really nice campground.. Very clean with capably friendly staff I would rate this campground very high and when ever our travels take us to Albuquerque we will stay at American RV Park again.. During our recent Trip we stayed in a total of 16 different campgrounds and the American RV Park made our Top three....

I would agree with Mike in that parking a dingy is a little tight but we were able to nicely tuck our Jeep Grand Cherokee easily behind our 40 foot motor home.. and still be with in the confines of our spot...In terms of being run down the only possible thing I saw was that the roads were in need of maintenance and that work was in progress while we were there... All the rest of the Facility was pristine.. The Park is under new ownership with new Management which would have occurred after Mike's visit...

JohnnyT

11. ORVILLE

ORVILLE
    Expand Collapse

YOU ARE RIGHT IT IS A REAL DUST BOWL ON THE WEST MESA YOU MIGHT WANT TO TRY THE CORONADO CAMP GROUND NORTH BOUND 1-25 OF ALBUQUERQUE JUST GO TO THE BERNALILLO EXIT LIKE YOU ARE GOING TOWARDS FARMINGTON NM ITS ON THE NORTH SIDE OF THE HIGHWAY RIGHT SIDE JUST AS YOU ARE LEAVING BERNALILLO NM .. ITS ALWAYS BEEN A GOOD STOP WE ENJOY IT