Can't Post Review

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by BLT101, Apr 7, 2009.

1. BLT101

BLT101
    Expand Collapse

:( For 2 days trying to post a review but can't beyond step 2. When I get to step 3 the page comes up incomplete, the listing of campgrounds is not there and I can't get step 3 done. I see new post so whats my problem.

2. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Bob/Linda,

I'm sorry you are having trouble. I just posted a test review, and the system seems to be working fine, so let's see if we can figure out what you are doing.

You said you can't get beyond step 2. That is the step that requires you to pick a state or region. When you are at step 2 you will see a drop down box in the middle of the page. It has "Alabama" in it. Click on the down arrow and a list of states will appear. Scroll down to the state or region where you stayed and click on it. The list will disappear and the name you choose will be in the box. Now just click on "Next" and this will take you to step 3.

Step 3 has two drop down boxes. The first one has an alphabetical list of the names of campgrounds in the state you picked. The second drop down box has an alphabetical list of city names and then the campgrounds in that city. Use either menu to choose the place you stayed. Once that name is in the box, click on next.

Step 4 requires you to first click on the box next to the red lettering which states the site rules. After you click on next you will get to the screen that lets you enter all the different information about the campground and write a review. Please try to enter all the information accurately. Be sure to use good English grammar and click on spell check to be sure all words are correct. Poorly written reviews are rejected. When you have finished this, click on "Next."

At this point you should get a screen that thanks you for submitting a review. If you do not get this screen then you have left something out of the form. In this case the system should take you back to the page that has the missing information so that you can correct it.

One place that seems to give people trouble is the date you stayed. The first drop down box is for the month. The second box has an "01" in it. Some people think that is for the month, but it is actually for the date. However, it doesn't matter what you put in there because the system only uses the month and year. The last box is for the year. I see that the webmaster has already removed 2008 so your only choice is 2009.

That should do it. I hope this helps, but if you have any more trouble please let me know.

3. BLT101

BLT101
    Expand Collapse

Hi, thanks for the reply. I have listed reviews before and never had a problem. It seen like the problem was with Texas. When I click on another state I could get to the next step. Then I tried the next day and I got to step 3 and left a review, making sure all areas where filled in. Them I clicked next and did not receive the thanks for submitting your review. I clicked back and all was gone.??? I'll try again today and see what happens. Thanks again for your reply

4. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

You always have to watch out for Texas. :lol: Actually I used Texas for my test review and had no trouble. Let me know what happens when you try again.

5. BLT101

BLT101
    Expand Collapse

Hi tezasrvers, keep trying, can't get passed step 2, when I go to step 3 all I get is the top line with directions. Tried 5 other states then Texas and no problem-it list the cities and campgrounds. Only have the problem with Texas. Several times it would say the page expired and try again . Even ran a XP test, said everything is ok, refresh or try again.

6. RLM

RLM
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Bob/Linda @ Apr 10 2009, 06:31 PM) [snapback]15817[/snapback]

Hi tezasrvers, keep trying, can't get passed step 2, when I go to step 3 all I get is the top line with directions. Tried 5 other states then Texas and no problem-it list the cities and campgrounds. Only have the problem with Texas. Several times it would say the page expired and try again . Even ran a XP test, said everything is ok, refresh or try again.

We Texan's don't allow entry unless you're a native or have a green card. :)

Seriously tho, TexasRVers was specific with his suggestions so I can't add to those. You metnioned refreshing the page which I would have suggested, so the only added comment I might suggest is if your computer is loaded with another browser, then try doing it on it.

7. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Thanks RLM for your suggestion. I would not have thought of that.

B/L, try using another browser, if you can. I learned recently that the browser can make a difference. I used Internet Explorer when I did my test review. What browser are you using?

Earlier you said you got to step 3 at one point and wrote a review but lost it later. Did you use Texas in that review?

Just trying to figure this out, but I'm stumped.

8. DXSMac

DXSMac
    Expand Collapse

I posted a review last night and got past step 3, but I reviewed a park in Idaho. I'm using Firefox.

(And I'm 95% sure that TexasRVers is a "she" but hey, what do I know???? :D :p :lol: )

JJ

9. BLT101

BLT101
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(DXSMac @ Apr 11 2009, 10:07 AM) [snapback]15825[/snapback]

I posted a review last night and got past step 3, but I reviewed a park in Idaho. I'm using Firefox.

(And I'm 95% sure that TexasRVers is a "she" but hey, what do I know???? :D :p :lol: )

JJ

It worked today on the first try. Thanks for all the help.