Castaways Rv Md

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by stanleee, Jan 15, 2008.

1. stanleee

stanleee
    Expand Collapse

Anyone ever camped at this place yet?

2. BBear

BBear
    Expand Collapse

This is the old Eagles Nest Campground. I camped there a few years ago and it was a park pretty much on the decline and not being well taken care of.

I went to the Castaway website and what they describe on their site is nothing like the Eagles Nest I stayed at...so either they did a heck of a lot of renovations or they're not being very truthful..but I did see they added luxury cottages which is new, so maybe they did do a lot of renovations. Didn't find any pictures on campground on their site to compare with the conditions while I was there....only found some "artist renditions" of the Great Lodge, Bathhouse and Welcome Center.

If you go, post back and let us know what it's like. I'll be going to OC in July and will also stop in to look at the place.

3. stanleee

stanleee
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(stanleee @ Jan 15 2008, 06:58 PM) [snapback]9914[/snapback]

Where do you plan on camping?

4. BBear

BBear
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(stanleee @ Jan 20 2008, 01:00 PM) [snapback]9951[/snapback]

Are you asking me or yourself? LOL!!! We have reservations at Frontier Town.

5. stanleee

stanleee
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(BBear @ Jan 20 2008, 12:16 PM) [snapback]9953[/snapback]

6. stanleee

stanleee
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(stanleee @ Jan 20 2008, 02:00 PM) [snapback]9955[/snapback]

QUOTE(BBear @ Jan 20 2008, 12:16 PM) [snapback]9953[/snapback]

Technical problems with this board only allows me to quote myself and I as asking you, and thanks for the info.-Stan

7. BBear

BBear
    Expand Collapse

Sorry to hear about the technical problems, hope you didn't take my joke to heart, LOL!

And, you're welcome about the info!!

8. stanleee

stanleee
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(BBear @ Jan 20 2008, 05:39 PM) [snapback]9959[/snapback]

Sorry to hear about the technical problems, hope you didn't take my joke to heart, LOL!

And, you're welcome about the info!!

Not at all,it does look like I was talking to myself. My brain is frozen so Ican blame old man winter. I can't wait for summer,thats for sure.

9. BBear

BBear
    Expand Collapse

I can't wait for summer either!!! As I speak it's 4 degrees here and -16 with the windchill. Enough with this winter stuff already, LOL!!!

10. happy2Bcamping

happy2Bcamping
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(stanleee @ Jan 15 2008, 08:58 PM) [snapback]9914[/snapback]

YES! NEVER STAY THERE!!!!!

11. dog bone

dog bone
    Expand Collapse

have not stayed there. drove thru the park. it is nothing like it used to be.new bath houses, renovated sites,2 new pools and a couple of new crabbing piers. the new owner sunk a lot of money into it. it is suppose to have wi fi in the park. it has a bus to take you into oc maryland.

it looks like all the sites are full hook up. they are still working on new cabins and have 3 on the water front. they also have a vip area that is gated and right on the bay. they have golf cart rentals.

on the down side. most of the sites are going to be right in the sun. the only shaded area is the older section that is on the bay. it does not have a marina, but it has a launch ramp. if you have a boat, the water around the area is very shallow. there is a sand bar right in front. great for the kids to play on but tough on boaters. there is a channel to get in and out of, but is not marked.

this was my 9th year going down there. it is a great area.i kinda like frontiertown better. we just got back from two weeks down there. i miss it already. there are enough reviews on that campground so i won't get into that.

it will be easier to get a reservation in castaways then it will be to frontiertown.

hope i helped

12. stanleee

stanleee
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(dog bone @ Jul 16 2008, 08:07 AM) [snapback]12287[/snapback]

have not stayed there. drove thru the park. it is nothing like it used to be.new bath houses, renovated sites,2 new pools and a couple of new crabbing piers. the new owner sunk a lot of money into it. it is suppose to have wi fi in the park. it has a bus to take you into oc maryland.

it looks like all the sites are full hook up. they are still working on new cabins and have 3 on the water front. they also have a vip area that is gated and right on the bay. they have golf cart rentals.

on the down side. most of the sites are going to be right in the sun. the only shaded area is the older section that is on the bay. it does not have a marina, but it has a launch ramp. if you have a boat, the water around the area is very shallow. there is a sand bar right in front. great for the kids to play on but tough on boaters. there is a channel to get in and out of, but is not marked.

this was my 9th year going down there. it is a great area.i kinda like frontiertown better. we just got back from two weeks down there. i miss it already. there are enough reviews on that campground so i won't get into that.

it will be easier to get a reservation in castaways then it will be to frontiertown.

hope i helped

You did Dog-Thanks