Crownpoint Hellground I mean campground

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by last laugh, Nov 10, 2004.

1. last laugh

last laugh
    Expand Collapse

:angry: Stay out!! They are mean, nosey and if you dont pull in with a $60,000 plus rig you are not worthy. These new owners have found a way to drive out over twenty people with 20 years each invested in this campground. The Gagnon family lacks personnel skills and they sure don't care about long term affects of tearing apart the tight bond this camp had iwth practically every single seasonal there. This camp does not offer much for what they are charging. Look somewhere else you can find someone offering alot more with a lot less headache. Who wants a man walking between your trailers in the dark at night to ease drop on peoples conversations. FREAK!

2. Cloudcroft

Cloudcroft
    Expand Collapse

What state and town is this place in? I would like to know which Crownpoint campground to avoid.

3. PappaDee

PappaDee
    Expand Collapse

:angry: Last laugh.....are you angry because you were uprooted from a permanant long term site at this park or is there really a problem with the campground?

4. Beastdriver

Beastdriver
    Expand Collapse

Pappa Dee:

I tend to agree with the implication you raised with your question. The writer of this post says that 20 people stayed there 20 years each, but then turns right around and says that the campground does not offer much. I would suspect that this campground has incurred the wrath of this individual by switching over from permanents to short-termers which, of course, is every campground's right just as it is their right to go completely full-timers if they want. As has often been pointed out in this site, you have to carefully read ALL the reviews to make a judgment!

5. last laugh

last laugh
    Expand Collapse

You both are correct, I am really pissed. So are alot of other people. The camp is small and does not offer much as a business, but the people that have formed a safe comfortible place for children is what makes this place so nice. The campers came together every year to clean the camp every spring for free (raking, landscaping), the put together activities for the kids mostly out of thier own pockets. The camp wasn't highly priced due to the lack of facilities and accommidations, BUT these new owners are rude disrespectful and condinsending. They treat people second rate. If you see a man outside your window at 3 am cause he is walking between trailers and through sites for security purposes, you would feel a litle freeked out. No need to walk around windows for security, stay on the roads! Something that has happened more than once. Feels the teenage kids are going too fast on the golf carts so he jumps out from behind a tree in front of them so they have to react and swerve almost hitting a tree! The kids are wrong for going too fast , I agree, but putting thier safety in question is NOT acceptible. You do have to expect change for good and/ or bad with new ownership, but there is too much bad with these people. We all spend money to go away with our familiees to enjoy life, not to be treat like our children don't matter and that we are all beneath someone else. You shall recieve the same respect that you give on to others. SO if you ask if I am pissed, again yes I am really pissed that my friends and family have been treated like this! Would youlet someone treat your children badly, if so then this is where you want to be.

6. last laugh

last laugh
    Expand Collapse

Crownpoint Campground
    Strafford, NH

Hey Jim if you read my last posting, you will understand, that Its all about the mentality of the owners. They treat people second rate, and are overcharging for what they offer. If these retards were to sell tomorrow, I gaurantee the 25% of the campgrounds total seasonals that left this year would return the following day. Children are being treated unfairly, and adults are being treated like they are in a boot camp. I strongly believe in rules for the safety of all, but I dont feel you need to treat people poorly to get your rules implamented. And if we are volunteering our time for the children to do activities, and funding some of these activities out of our own pockets then respect should be shown, don't ridicule us. Get off you ass and organize activities for these kids. Bored children find mischief, so we try to keep them occupied! I do take this personnal, how could I not, my friends and family were and still are being treated badly. If this wouldnt bother you, then you are just what they are looking for.

7. jimisham

jimisham
    Expand Collapse

It's this place. http://thatscamping.com/reviews/reviews.php?id=556_0_1_0_C
    There's also a link to the campground's website. The description in the web site certainly doesn't match the posters description.
    If the place is a dump like both posters suggest, I don't understand why they're so upset.

8. Beastdriver

Beastdriver
    Expand Collapse

jimisham:

I read both of these reviews, and it sounds like they were written by the same person. Sounds like a typical northeast U. S. campground to me.

9. last laugh

last laugh
    Expand Collapse

Hey Jim if you read my last posting, you will understand, that Its all about the mentality of the owners. They treat people second rate, and are overcharging for what they offer. If these retards were to sell tomorrow, I gaurantee the 25% of the campgrounds total seasonals that left this year would return the following day. Children are being treated unfairly, and adults are being treated like they are in a boot camp. I strongly believe in rules for the safety of all, but I dont feel you need to treat people poorly to get your rules implamented. And if we are volunteering our time for the children to do activities, and funding some of these activities out of our own pockets then respect should be shown, don't ridicule us. Get off you ass and organize activities for these kids. Bored children find mischief, so we try to keep them occupied! I do take this personnal, how could I not, my friends and family were and still are being treated badly. If this wouldnt bother you, then you are just what they are looking for.

10. mel923_99

mel923_99
    Expand Collapse

:angry: I have to agree. I have been going to that camp for about 20 years and always loved it until the new owners took it over. i have been there since i was a little kid and now i bring my own little ones, who love camping. but now it is not fun AT ALL! the new owners don't care at all about the people! they stink and make it miserable to go. all the seasonals there are like a big extended family and they are breaking that family apart, it is so sad. i grew up with most of the people up there and now our kids were doing the same thing, and we loved that. not anymore, i watched my good friends pull out last summer with many more because of the owners. it was a sad end to the summer. this may be our last year also unless there are alot of changes. i hate to say that because of my kids but i can't give them a dime to make life miserable(which is suppose to be relaxing). also there is nothing to do for the kids, and if something is planned it is one of the seasonals who planned it with no help from the owners. i hope they end up bankrupt and new owners come in, no one can be worse. If they are not fighting, contradicting themselves, flirting with the ladies, peeping behind the trees, they are making your life hell. as a seasonal camper there i HIGHLY DO NOT RECOMMEND this campground!!!!!