Henderson Beach State Park

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by marijane, Apr 5, 2004.

1. marijane

marijane
    Expand Collapse

Has anyone ever stayed at Henderson Beach State Park in Florida? Is it a good place to ride bikes? Any suggestions? We have reservations to tent camp there the first week of May. Thanks for your help!

2. vegasken

vegasken
    Expand Collapse

We think it is a great state park. The spaces are covered w/ crushed rock & are separated nicely. There is a walkway to the beach or you can drive to the dayuse area. The campgound is very clean overall. We were there last week, you should enjoy it.

3. tundracamper

tundracamper
    Expand Collapse

We spent the night at this park just after Christmas. My wife informed me that we would be returning to this park. It was very clean. The roads are flat - good for bike riding. There is a new playground along the paved walkway leading to the boardwalk to the gulf. The sites are very well spaced and private. Note that we got the last site that day and had no reservations. If you plan to spend a length of time there, you might want to see if they take reservations. Only water and electric hook-up - but overall one of the nicest campgrounds we stayed at within the last year.

I should note that this park is very close to the major road going through the area. The lights from the Home Depot (or Lowes?) shine into parts of the campground at night. You can also hear some minor noise due to traffic. Still, this is a very nice campground and it is close to the touristy stuff you get at the gulf - if you like that. The park itself is very simple, however.