I Have Reviewed 3 Campgrounds, But Says I Have Reviewed None

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by daedreross, Aug 21, 2007.

1. daedreross

daedreross
    Expand Collapse

After reviewing 3 campgrounds in a row, the page shows I have reviewed none. All have been submitted. I hope this is fixed, as I will be wondering if my reviews count.

Dee

2. Everyboysmomma

Everyboysmomma
    Expand Collapse

I've reviewed 2 and my page says none as well. I hope they catch up because I spent alot of time with them.
    Momma

3. Butch

Butch
    Expand Collapse

Everyboysmomma,

Yes you have two reviews on hold among the over 1500 other reviews, that's a lot of reviews !!

4. riggarob

riggarob
    Expand Collapse

This is why I don't submit reviews, I just read them, and go to the forums. :D

5. onemantwokids

onemantwokids
    Expand Collapse

:angry: I have older reviews that are already posted, but none of my newer ones that I have submitted now that we actually have a camper are showing up. Evidently my older already posted reviews from back when we were still tenting don't seem to count with the new 3 review rules.

It's really too bad as I've really counted on the reviews of other people to help me decide where to go and I'm finding now that most campground reviews in my area are out-dated.

I have to say that I'm pretty disappointed with the direction that this site has taken. I spent a good amount of time reviewing two more campgrounds and neither of them are posted.

6. Big Ben

Big Ben
    Expand Collapse

You must realize that each and every review MUST be proof read and corrected. This is a free site that you are not charged for in any way, and the people that do the proof reading are all volunteers. This is the time of year that folks like to camp and travel. That includes those that proof read the reviews.
    I am sorry that the site dose not come up to your expectations. :rolleyes:

7. Jeffrey12

Jeffrey12
    Expand Collapse

I have submitted a bunch of reviews also that have not been posted, with that said this is a nice website and the moderators do a excellent job. Keep up the good work and thanks for all of the hard work.

8. mommydba

mommydba
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Jeffrey12 @ Sep 5 2007, 06:32 PM) [snapback]8245[/snapback]

I have submitted a bunch of reviews also that have not been posted, with that said this is a nice website and the moderators do a excellent job. Keep up the good work and thanks for all of the hard work.

I too have posted a few reviews and have not seen them. It is distressing as one of the particular parks was negative and I have noticed that no negative postings exist for this particular park. Given my experience, I find that very hard to believe. Is there a potential bias on this board? Is is a possibility that certain campgrounds get better results unfairly. I wonder....

9. DXSMac

DXSMac
    Expand Collapse

I recently joined this forum and contributed four reviews and they were posted rather quickly!However, there are a couple other existing web sites that take campground reviews, and I found two reviews on THIS web site that appear to have been copied/plagerized from those other web sites, I know because they were reviews I personally had contributed to those web sites! From what I have been reading, this web site has always been a "must register in order to post" site, and, like I said, I didn't join until recently. In other words, someone COPIED/PLAGERIZED a review I previously did at another web site and posted it here. On the other hand, the four reviews I actually did post will be carbon copies because I also posted them at the other web sites.

Ok, this sounds confusing, but bottom line is, I found two reviews I did not submit to THIS web site, but those reviews were my words, copied off another web site.

I was just a little surprised when I saw them, because I didn't join this forum until September.

DXSMac

10. Webmaster

Webmaster
    Expand Collapse

Wow,

That's a new one! I assure you this site does not grab any information from any other sites, so I'm assuming a reviewer copied and posted your comments from another site. Please email me offline the specifics of these reviews, I'd like to investigate this further.

--
    Webmaster
    RV Park Reviews

QUOTE(DXSMac @ Sep 13 2007, 12:45 PM) [snapback]8325[/snapback]

I recently joined this forum and contributed four reviews and they were posted rather quickly!However, there are a couple other existing web sites that take campground reviews, and I found two reviews on THIS web site that appear to have been copied/plagerized from those other web sites, I know because they were reviews I personally had contributed to those web sites! From what I have been reading, this web site has always been a "must register in order to post" site, and, like I said, I didn't join until recently. In other words, someone COPIED/PLAGERIZED a review I previously did at another web site and posted it here. On the other hand, the four reviews I actually did post will be carbon copies because I also posted them at the other web sites.

Ok, this sounds confusing, but bottom line is, I found two reviews I did not submit to THIS web site, but those reviews were my words, copied off another web site.

I was just a little surprised when I saw them, because I didn't join this forum until September.

DXSMac

11. DXSMac

DXSMac
    Expand Collapse

12. Big Ben

Big Ben
    Expand Collapse

It is not like this site is short of reviews. Maybe some just thought you wrote a great review and agreed with you on a site.

13. DXSMac

DXSMac
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Big Ben @ Sep 13 2007, 09:51 PM) [snapback]8328[/snapback]

It is not like this site is short of reviews. Maybe some just thought you wrote a great review and agreed with you on a site.

Ok, mystery has been solved. Apparently I established an account a year ago with a different email address and completely forgot about it! Sheesh, I'm only 51 and "sometimers" has already started......

Ok, please forgive me.

DXS