Kroger Visa, My Experience

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by DXSMac, Feb 29, 2012.

1. DXSMac

DXSMac
    Expand Collapse

Sorry I haven't been here in awhile, I've been fighting stiff fingers since June. Haven't seen a doctor yet on this, I'm hoping lots of glucosamine and heat will remedy the problem.

Anyway, Kroger/Fred Meyer/others in the Kroger family have VISA cards and you are supposed to get DOUBLE points if you use them in a Kroger store. NOT NECESSARILY TRUE!

I got a Fred Meyer VISA cuz that's the "Kroger" where I live. However, I'm currently in the South east, in the "Kroger" area. I discovered I only get DOUBLE POINTS if I use the card in Fred Meyer, but not Kroger. Vice Versa. If you have the KROGER VISA, you don't get double points if you use it in Fred Meyer. This is a ripoff.

Also, another issue I noticed. It doesn't matter which Kroger card you have (i.e., Fred Meyer, King Sooper, Kroger, etc.) you can use the card in each system and accumulate gas points. BUT...... if you accumulate points under Kroger, you have to use them under Kroger. Fred Meyer and King Sooper won't recognize your gas points accumulation under Kroger. And Vices versas. I accumulated and used gas points under King Sooper, but I lost one discount because Fred Meyer didn't recognize it (and it hadn't expired). I hope someone will prove me wrong on this.

JJ

2. Florida Native

Florida Native
    Expand Collapse

I think those types of cards collect all sorts of information about you and sell it to advertisers. We stay away from them.

3. joez

joez
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Lindsay Richards @ Mar 1 2012, 09:49 AM) [snapback]28905[/snapback]

I think those types of cards collect all sorts of information about you and sell it to advertisers. We stay away from them.

Each to his own. We like the information gathering. We get a book of coupons and adverts directed to us each month for stuff we use regularly. Marketing folks can profile us all they want. It's the durn black helicopter folks that gets us riled.

4. DXSMac

DXSMac
    Expand Collapse

Albertsons and Food Lion don't require you to provide information. Those stores will just hand you a "blank" card if you don't want to give information. I loved that!

And, I haven't had a problem with Fred Meyer selling my information. I did "opt outs." Also, the Safeway chain, I had to kick and scream for this option, but I got the card sent to a store, and it just has "city and state" but no street address.

JJ

QUOTE(Lindsay Richards @ Mar 1 2012, 06:49 AM) [snapback]28905[/snapback]

5. Denali

Denali
    Expand Collapse

For RVers, I think the best credit card out there is the Pentagon Federal Credit Union Platinum Cash Rewards Visa Card.

It rebates 5% of the purchase price of fuel every month, as long as you pay at the pump. The rebate shows up as an automatic credit applied to your balance on your bill every month. If you buy a lot of fuel, that really adds up. At $4.00/gallon it's equivalent to getting a $.20/gallon discount. We get back hundreds of dollars a year.

Anybody can join. There is no annual fee. The only cost is to make a one-time minimum deposit in your account. When I joined, it was $5.00. I don't know if they have changed that amount.