La Hacienda Rv Park, Austin, Tx

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by BigRigger06, Dec 21, 2006.

1. BigRigger06

BigRigger06
    Expand Collapse

Hello to all RV'ers, we love this site and hope it gets better and better.

We stayed at La Hacienda RV Park in Austin for the Christmas '06 holiday. I had a bad experience with the management of this park and wanted to share it with everyone right away.

My beef: We called the morning we were travelling to Austin to see about staying there, they told us they were booked, but just had a cancellation so we should book the whole time we think we might stay. So we said we might stay a week or 8 days, not sure. We were expecting another couple to stay with us in thier RV so we asked to reserve another slot if it becomes available, which it mysteriously did. They charged our credit card for a week plus one day for two slots immediately. We arrived and after looking around decided we would look for another place the next day. When we asked the manager if we could cancel and get a refund they were very rude and addimant that there were no refunds after check-in. I suspect they double bill as many slots as they can. If we leave early, I bet they will rent our slot to some other unsuspecting victim.

-Eric

-editted: I stand corrected on our webmasters expediance in posting our reviews and I want to say "Thank You" and I appologise for jumping to conclusions about the new policy.

My question is: Do most RV parks have a similar No Refund policy? Or am I alone in getting taken with this type of game?

2. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

Eric,

You will find this problem in all RV Parks we have been to over the years. We travel a lot and never ask for a reservations. We do call some parks day or so before we go in if we know park may be full. We only pay for one night and if we like the place buy more time, if not next day we travel on down the road. In years of travel one time we had to dry camp for one night and had a site next day. We also travel in off times of year and that is a big help as very little RV people on roads. In southern LA with the Cajun people all weekends will fill up parks with no one around other five days. We have had park people tell me the place was full and fill rate was under 20% at time we pulled in. Everyone left hour ago.