Lone Oaks in CT?

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by lisa3girls, Jun 30, 2004.

1. lisa3girls

lisa3girls
    Expand Collapse

There is only one review- has anyone else been there. We hated Strawberry Park and are afraid Lone Oaks will be more of the same and would like a few more opinions.

2. beginnings

beginnings
    Expand Collapse

We just got back from Witch Meadow Pond Campground in Salem, Connecticut...ok for little kids, but the beach is way too crowded...people were "staking their claim" on the beach as early as 7 a.m bathrooms were not nice, in fact they were nasty. :(

$150 for the weekend for two people...and everyone that we talked to said Strawberry Fields and Normandy campgrounds were the best, but I read only poor reviews of them.

3. racepoint1

racepoint1
    Expand Collapse

I haven't heard anything positive about Strawberry Park. We had a reservation and cancelled it. Normandy Farms is nice but expensive. They pack you in like sardines with no privacy, no grass, but alot of gravel and dust. The kids (8 and 10) loved it. They do an excellent job of keeping the kids busy. We have done alot of camping in MA, Maple Park in Wareham is our favorite. Yogi just bought them out so we'll have see what happens over the next couple of years ;)

Hoped this helped

4. lisa3girls

lisa3girls
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for the warning on Witch Meadow. Staking a claim at 7 am?? On THAT beach?? geesh!

I would be really annoyed at nasty bathrooms for that price. We cancelled our reservation at Lone Oaks and are going to go to a state park instead.

5. onemantwokids

onemantwokids
    Expand Collapse

I have not personally been to Lone Oaks but have not heard much of anything good about it.

Have you checked out Odetah??? Very nice...www.odetah.com

Or Pine Acres Resort in Mass? One of our favorites. They are putting in a new pool this year and were hoping to have it open by August.

6. aldebnj

aldebnj
    Expand Collapse

Try Seaport Campground in Old Mystic. We were there for Memorial Day and found it to be pretty nice. The sites are huge. I did a review of it as well.

Happy Camping,
    Al

7. beginnings

beginnings
    Expand Collapse

:p We finally tried Normandy Farms in Foxboro MA and liked it so much the first time (July 2004) that we went back two weeks later bringing friends from Long Island, NY....they loved it and we all made next years reservations. The restrooms are spotless, showers are private and very clean. The grounds are clean of debris, the rangers go out of their way to help you onto your site. Yes, the sites are fairly close, but I have been to some campgrounds that our awning hits our neighbor's trailer, and that isn't the case at Normandy Farms. There was enough room for us to spread out a bit. There are 4 spotless pools (three outdoor, one indoor heated) a couple of jacuzzis and sauna and workout rooms. There are fenced in playgrounds, rec halls, adult lounge that had a big screen tv, a/c and plenty of comfortable seating. The staff was great, we didn't meet one "sour" person on either stay. We really got spoiled going there twice in one summer.

8. ilmor

ilmor
    Expand Collapse