National Forest Campgrounds, Blm & Others?

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by Fitzjohnfan, Jul 26, 2010.

1. Fitzjohnfan

Fitzjohnfan
    Expand Collapse

Just wondering what the thoughts are from admin and the users on this site about adding National Forest campgrounds, BLM campgrounds, state park campgrounds, and other parks like this?

I know the site is called "RV Park Reviews", so does that imply that only what I call "Professional" parks should be listed here? I consider this site the definitive source for finding a place to stay with an RV, so why not have these parks listed as well, but maybe other people have different ideas.

These campgrounds usually have limited amenities, but usually have great views and much lower cost compared to "professional" parks. I wouldn't want someone seeing a National Forest campground listed, but then they camp there and are dissapointed because ther's no WiFi and only vault toilets.

What are your thoughts?

2. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Fitzjohnfan,

We welcome and accept reviews for all types of parks/campgrounds. It does not matter what hookups or amenities they have as long as they are truly a park/campground and not akin to a Walmart parking lot. In fact we already have numerous listings for places other than private/professional parks. A quick search showed listings for 150 national forest/recreation areas, 14 BLM's sites, 150 state parks, and 94 national park campgrounds.

If this is the type of place you like by all means please add them. You will find many other of our members are in the same boat--the same RV, that is. :D

3. GDM

GDM
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Fitzjohnfan @ Jul 26 2010, 10:05 AM) [snapback]23183[/snapback]

Just wondering what the thoughts are from admin and the users on this site about adding National Forest campgrounds, BLM campgrounds, state park campgrounds, and other parks like this?

I know the site is called "RV Park Reviews", so does that imply that only what I call "Professional" parks should be listed here? I consider this site the definitive source for finding a place to stay with an RV, so why not have these parks listed as well, but maybe other people have different ideas.

These campgrounds usually have limited amenities, but usually have great views and much lower cost compared to "professional" parks. I wouldn't want someone seeing a National Forest campground listed, but then they camp there and are dissapointed because ther's no WiFi and only vault toilets.

What are your thoughts?