Nice Rv Resorts South Of Tucson

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by AshleyAnne, Dec 6, 2009.

1. AshleyAnne

AshleyAnne
    Expand Collapse

I'm currently in the Phoenix area. I'm wondering if there are any nice RV Resorts south of Tucson. I have stayed at Beaudry but was not impressed. Too big and impersonal. Is there a nice park just north of Mexico and south of Tucson? Someone said something about a park in Benson. I like a park that is near a medium sized metropolitan area. If there is a Super Wally nearby that would be a plus. But there needs to be a large grocery store as a minimum. Larry Rebich.

2. RVL217646

RVL217646
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(LRebich @ Dec 7 2009, 01:14 AM) [snapback]20255[/snapback]

I'm currently in the Phoenix area. I'm wondering if there are any nice RV Resorts south of Tucson. I have stayed at Beaudry but was not impressed. Too big and impersonal. Is there a nice park just north of Mexico and south of Tucson? Someone said something about a park in Benson. I like a park that is near a medium sized metropolitan area. If there is a Super Wally nearby that would be a plus. But there needs to be a large grocery store as a minimum. Larry Rebich.

QUOTE(LRebich @ Dec 7 2009, 01:14 AM) [snapback]20255[/snapback]

Larry:

Not too many south of Tucson. Fairly decent campground near Kartchner Caverns; however, I might suggest Catalina State Park.............near Oro Valley.

Close to all the amenities you mentioned, yet very close to the mountains. Not sure if they take reservations.

Alan

3. wpr

wpr
    Expand Collapse

Did you have a look at Green Valley RV Resort in Green Valley, AZ? From what I see on Google Maps it's a quarter mile west of Interstate 19 and there is a Walmart just across the interstate. There are also a few restaurants nearby. The comments here are positive. Maybe somebody knows the place, I have never camped in AZ yet, so I have no first-hand experience of this place.

4. AshleyAnne

AshleyAnne
    Expand Collapse

I will check out Green Valley RV. And I will checkout Kartchner Caverns and Catalina State Park.

Someone suggested a small park in Bisbee. I chatted with a nice lady there and during the chat I found that the elevation is 5,000 feet. I'm looking for a place for the month of February and Bisbee is a place for late April/May not February. Too cold in February.

Maybe I'll go to Yuma. Is there a really nice park in Yuma - a don't miss park?

Thanks,
    Larry

5. RiverCabin

RiverCabin
    Expand Collapse

6. vintagecat

vintagecat
    Expand Collapse

We are in Pato Blanco RV Park in Benson, SE of Tucson as I type this. It's a nice, clean, Arizona landscaped park, not too crowded, a tad close to the highway (I-10) but the noise hasn't disturbed us. I'm personally obsessed with plumbing (we have a small travel trailer) so clean functional restrooms/showers are a must and these blow the doors off of any campground we've stayed at since we left home in mid October. It's a pleasure to use them. The pool and hot tub are heated and open, there are pastoral walks and group activities at the clubhouse if that's your thing. Rates are about what we've been paying all over the western half of the US, $30+/- with tax per night. We will come back here when we swing this way again in early spring. Good luck with your hunt....happy trails.

Vintagecat :D