Paved Campgrounds in WI

Discussion in 'Trip Planning and Travel Concerns' started by dlb53151, Sep 8, 2018.

1. dlb53151

dlb53151
    Expand Collapse

Greetings -

We are new to this site and to camping with a travel trailer we purchased last year.

We are looking for campgrounds in WI (preferably SE WI) with paved roads and paved site pads.

Only one we are aware of other than the all concrete State Fair Park campgrounds is Christmas Mountain Village in the Dells which is wonderful.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

If there is a specific reason you need paved pads then sorry I can't help you, most but not all campgrounds/rv parks usually have the crushed stone put down or maybe just sand/packed dirt. We have never had a problem with that especially when we use our outdoot mat. I would go with the flow and expand my search to exclude the paved sites.

Also we have been to a few campgrounds where they put down the smaller pea stone at the sites, even much more easier on the feet.

BTW Welcome to the forum!

Mike

#2 mdcamping, Sep 8, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2018
  3. dlb53151

dlb53151
    Expand Collapse

Thanks Mike. I have a health issue with my eyes. We stayed at a campground earlier this summer that had gravel roads and every time a vehicle passed by it would cause a lot of gravel dust to blow around. Paved roads are a must but I would be fine with grass site pads as another option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

I have noticed the roads with the packed dirt seem to kick up more dust vs the gravel roads. Could call in advance, explain your situation as they might be able to do something for you. Some places have a mix of both paved and gravel roads.

Good luck
    Mike

5. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Hey there dlb53151 and welcome aboard the forum. Nice to see someone who has a legitimate reason and complaint for wanting a campground/RV park with something other than dirt as the surfaces. Blowing dirt and dust, etc. can get nasty when you have eye problems. Like Mike mentioned perhaps you can talk with a few places and see if you can get into a site that is not just dirt. At least you aren't like BankShot who complains about dirt just because he doesn't want to get his coach all dirty............:eek: Oh, wait a minute, I'm BankShot, scratch that last remark............:D Safe and enjoyable travels ahead to you.............

BankShot..............(aka Terry)

Ellistea, mdcamping and Paythebill like this.