Rainbow Rv Park

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by gray ghost, Mar 7, 2008.

1. gray ghost

gray ghost
    Expand Collapse

Has any one stayed at Rainbow RV park in Taylors S. Carolina? It's near Greenville. We will be looking for a place there to spend a week or so sometime near the end of March. :D

2. HappiestCamper

HappiestCamper
    Expand Collapse

I see it hasn't been reviewed here, and doing a google, there were a lot of places that said the same thing:

"Shady sites, 30 + 50 amp., some with concrete patios. Pull thru's, telephone & cable hook up's needs to be activated. Self contained units only. Pet restrictions. Located close to shopping, restaurants and attractions. RV service and propane. Helpful host."

There was one other site that was more comprehensive (though somewhat rambling) at http://www.hikercentral.com/campgrounds/110562.html

I have stayed at two places nearby - Devil's Fork State Park in Salem SC and Davidson River Campground in Brevard NC. The state park has electric and water, and is on Lake Jocasee. Real nice. Davidson River is a federal campground with no hookups, but pretty good size sites (have never needed AC there, so I don't worry about no electricity) - though in March you may be able to get a full hookup site (they only use about half the park that time of the year, so you could possibly get one that is normally used by a host - at least I've been offered that in March before).

I see you like trout fishing - Davidson River is stocked and runs through the CG. Though in March, you would have to go up river, use artificial lure, and daily limit of 4. Or go further upriver, use fly only and release. The season opens either the first or second Saturday in April - then you can fish right in the CG with whatever with no limit.

Hope this helps - I usually stay at places that don't have full hookups so we may not be on the same page in what we desire from a park.

Happy camping!

3. gray ghost

gray ghost
    Expand Collapse

Hello again, I thought I'd better bring this up to date a bit, We went to Taylors SC and drove thru Rainbow RV Park and decided that it just wasn't what we wanted so we went up to Paris Mountain State Park and had a good stay. That's about the best you'll find in the taylors area. It's a very nice State Park and we'll be sure to stay there again when we visit in taylors SC. :)