RV Park near 101/17 in No. Phoenix area?

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by janmcn, Apr 5, 2005.

1. janmcn

janmcn
    Expand Collapse

We need to stay near the junction of 101 and 17 in north Phoenix for several months, so would love input from people who know the area parks. Several sound convenient, but would like some REAL recommendations. Prefer less than a 20 minute commute to that area.
    Pioneer RV Park, Desert Shadows RV Park, and Desert Edge RV Park are ones that come up that sound OK.
    We have a 40' motorhome with 2 slides and want either instant phones, or wifi. Also pool, spa, and CLEAN place. 55+ is fine.
    Thanks for any help!
    Jan McN

2. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

Jan,

We spent time in Pleasant Harbor RV Resort west of I-17 on road 74. This park is close to Hwy. 101. Park is on a large lake and is rated 5W 5W Woodall and 9.5/9*/9 by TL. Very low noise at night, lot of people fish here and lot of boats parked here also. Instand phone hookups, pool, spa, clean place, 55+ was OK, may have WiFi by now.

North Phoenix has very small number of parks to pick from. Some parks down on I-17 in town are the pits. You park next to the I-17 24/7 speed way. No fun!

I hope this will help you.

3. mnyclp

mnyclp
    Expand Collapse

Pioneer RV Park or Pleasant Harbor RV Resort are the ones to stay at The other two are right on the freeway access road and not very good.

4. J59T

J59T
    Expand Collapse

I don't know how close you need to be to Phoenix, but we stayed the night at Distant Drums on IH 17 and found it to be one of the very best parks we've ever been to. It was very clean and the showers were very private. :lol: