Sunburst St. Petersburg RV Resort

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by RVman3252, Jan 13, 2006.

1. RVman3252

RVman3252
    Expand Collapse

We have reservations at Sunburst St. Petersburg as a stopover to visit our Daughter & Son-in-Law in Clearwater. I can’t find a review on this park? I was wondering if anyone has been there who would share their experience? We really will only be using it as a base camp, but hopefully it is clean and I can get my Fifth Wheel in easily.

Thanks in advance!

RVman

2. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

RV Man,

I think you will find this to be a snow bird camp site. Park is on Ulmerton Road in Largo, FL. Park will have more metal houses than RV units. We have not been to this one due to park is close to home. You will be OK for a stop over. Note: heavy traffic around Largo. I would call park at 877-292-2757 and ask about the sites.

3. RVman3252

RVman3252
    Expand Collapse

John…

Thanks for the information. Yes I know it is busy around that area, we stayed at a campground close to there a few years ago, close to Ulmerton & 19… the name slips my mind right now (seems that happens a lot anymore) They were pretty full and could not fit us in during the time we were going to be in the area. Hopefully this will work out. I don’t mind the snowbirds as much as if I can get my 5th Wheel in and it’s clean. Old is ok too, gives it character…

Thanks again,

RVman

4. brahler2005

brahler2005
    Expand Collapse

no but let me tell u the park in tampa exit 14 mctoish rd is awesome i belive is called tampa east it has a hot tub and heated pool and its so nice staying there all the peopleare from canada price is about 200 weeki love parks were everybody goes to bed at 8pm which leaves me to the hotub and pool all night by myself and girlfriend!!!!!!!!!

5. RVman3252

RVman3252
    Expand Collapse

Brahler2005,

Thanks for the information; however I really do not want to be in Tampa if I can help it. My daughter & son-in-law are in Clearwater so Tampa would be a bit far. I will keep think campground on my list for the future. I’m afraid if I were there, I would not be one of those to bed by 8:00 PM, so I wouldn’t want to infringe on your or your girlfriends “fun” in the Hot Tub, and thanks for warning us… :blink:

RVman

6. Butch

Butch
    Expand Collapse

:( :(

RVman do you feel you have received more info that you needed or may want to know ??? Good Grief !! B) B)

7. Beastdriver

Beastdriver
    Expand Collapse

butch: sometimes people just go on and on in this site i think its becuz they are jus trying to bee helpful and relly dont meen to be verbose but all in all are just makin an affort to provid informatshun and mak sur the people who axed for the informatshun in the first place are just gettin as much hep and they posibly can i know you unnerstand and can preciate there best eforts i know i try to bee as hepful as i can and many other piple also do likwise in atempting to be hepful

8. Cheryl Fuller

Cheryl Fuller
    Expand Collapse

Okay, call me nosy - can someone tell me what is going on here???

9. campinggirl1964

campinggirl1964
    Expand Collapse

You guys are hilarious!!!!

Cheryl - I think the guys are just trying to get a point across! If you have read some of the topics posted by the same author, you probably know what I (they) are getting at. I guess it's just a style of writing/conversation that we're not used to seeing on this site! Interesting though!

Perhaps us older folks need to lrn the nu way of writin on the computer - i'm sure it's called somethin - if my kids were home they could tell me!!!!!! i guess it saves time?

10. Beastdriver

Beastdriver
    Expand Collapse

camping girl: You hit the nail right on the head. This "style" of writing is often referred to as being confused, raunchy, aphasic and pusilanimous or, for short, as CRAP.

11. Cheryl Fuller

Cheryl Fuller
    Expand Collapse

campingirl, you said "us older folks" but I got the impression that as you have younger kids, you really aren't what I would consider old. I am 48 and anyone under 40 is a kid to me. I figured that was what was going on but wanted to make sure I was getting the jist of it.

12. campinggirl1964

campinggirl1964
    Expand Collapse

Hey Cheryl: 41 (and holding!!!!!). My boys are 11 and 13!

13. Cheryl Fuller

Cheryl Fuller
    Expand Collapse

41 is close to being a kid. I could not keep up with 2 young'uns on a fulltime basis. I usually babysit my 3 yr. old grandson a couple of days a week and am literally exhausted when his mother comes for him.

14. Butch

Butch
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for educating me, but knowledge is dangerous. (to some people). At 67, most individuals here are "kids" to myself. Hi kids !!!

15. RVman3252

RVman3252
    Expand Collapse

Wow! Now I know how to get attention to a question… add a Hot Tub! :rolleyes:

Now back to the question… anyone have any information on Sunburst St. Petersburg RV Resort? :blink:

RVman