Unforseen Injury In Rv

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by freelander, Nov 8, 2008.

1. freelander

freelander
    Expand Collapse

BEWARE of glass shower enclosures.. especially ones that you have to push to open.. I pushed my door only to have it break and my hand go through the glass.. luckily it wasn't my child.
    I cut 2 knuckles to the bone and severed a tendon.. it is 3 months and 1 surgery later and I do not have the use of my right hand.. My Middle finger is frozen straight!! I am working very hard in physical therapy which is extremely time consuming and PAINFUL!! I am out of all my lifes activities, I am depressed and feeling hopless. Have not been camping since the accident, my children are traumatized.. I am however planning a trip in Dec.. Some good memories are long overdue..
    PLEASE BE CAREFUL OF GLASS DOORS...My RV will forever have tiny pieces of glass in it..
    I cannot work or do things I love.. NEVER push the glass to open and watch your children carefully...
    Chris

2. DXSMac

DXSMac
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(freelander @ Nov 8 2008, 07:31 PM) [snapback]13823[/snapback]

BEWARE of glass shower enclosures.. especially ones that you have to push to open.. I pushed my door only to have it break and my hand go through the glass.. luckily it wasn't my child.
    I cut 2 knuckles to the bone and severed a tendon.. it is 3 months and 1 surgery later and I do not have the use of my right hand.. My Middle finger is frozen straight!! I am working very hard in physical therapy which is extremely time consuming and PAINFUL!! I am out of all my lifes activities, I am depressed and feeling hopless. Have not been camping since the accident, my children are traumatized.. I am however planning a trip in Dec.. Some good memories are long overdue..
    PLEASE BE CAREFUL OF GLASS DOORS...My RV will forever have tiny pieces of glass in it..
    I cannot work or do things I love.. NEVER push the glass to open and watch your children carefully...
    Chris

OH MY! Not good! I have a glass shower enclosure, I try to be careful.

JJ

3. pianotuna

pianotuna
    Expand Collapse

Hi JJ,

Why not ask about retrofitting with fiberglass which would not be breakable?

4. HappiestCamper

HappiestCamper
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(freelander @ Nov 8 2008, 10:31 PM) [snapback]13823[/snapback]

My Middle finger is frozen straight!!

Sorry about your accident - just wanted to point out you could have a new career in politics or the NBA.

5. Lee and Fran

Lee and Fran
    Expand Collapse

Sorry about the accident, did your door accidentally lock? Only way I can see for it to break like that. You breath on mine and it opens.

6. freelander

freelander
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Lee and Fran @ Nov 9 2008, 08:06 PM) [snapback]13830[/snapback]

Sorry about the accident, did your door accidentally lock? Only way I can see for it to break like that. You breath on mine and it opens.

No it did not lock, I do not know what happened, but it did not open.. The safety glass also did not blow out it shattered but formed a hole where my hand went through.. maybe it was defective.. now I do not TRUST any glass..I am literally crippled.

7. BBear

BBear
    Expand Collapse

How horrible! I hope you fully recover and maybe the trip in December will help you out where physical therapy doesn't. There's no better way to cure what's hurtin' then take a nice camping trip. I wish you the best!