Where Did All The Regulars Go?

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by Big Ben, Jul 23, 2008.

1. DXSMac

DXSMac
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Big Ben @ Jul 28 2008, 08:03 AM) [snapback]12516[/snapback]

WOW,That wonderful. You obviously have a lot of time to kill. :rolleyes:
    It's a shame that you didn't imform folks the purpose of your poll. I bet it would have changed the results.

Actually, when I did the poll, it was just "idle curiosity." I wasn't planning to write an article. (But I have written about 8 articles for that E-zine...) I did the poll here FIRST. People on here were so passionate about their choices that I decided it might be a good article, so I also did the poll on RVTravel.com, and on myrvspace.com (I think.....). I took the results and wrote an article. Actually, I thought I had later added that I got enough information for an article and was going to write one, but I guess I forgot to mention that. Sorry! I mentioned it on the other RV sites. I tried to find the link to the article but their website has the "current" issue as being three issues ago. RVLifestyles E-zine is published by the administrators of the web site RVHometown.com

JJ

EDIT: Found the article, it's not in the E-zine archives yet. I posted the article in the "poll" thread.

JJ

2. Joe-n-Doe

Joe-n-Doe
    Expand Collapse

We hit the road on April 1st and didn't return home until June 20th. We have put the house on the market and have been busy dealing with that issue. I'm just getting back into the groove. I generally ignore polls.

3. Florida Native

Florida Native
    Expand Collapse

I guess I could be considered a regular and enjoy reading and writing posts. Like most posters, I skip most of them as not having anything to add or just agreeing with previous posters. I really consider the site as a resource and post reviews as a way of paying back the community for the value I receive from the review. We are going on a mini vacation of 4 or 5 days and I used the site for research. Went to Passport America in one window and RV Reviews in another window and I have our trip roughed out with several variations to be flexible depending on what we find when actually there.

4. Parkview

Parkview
    Expand Collapse

:D

Just Checkin in!

I plead guilty at not having participated much lately, but we have been in the middle of our peak season. Between being very busy and shorthanded, this site has taken a back seat. After Labor Day we start getting our full timers and winter travellers in, which is a much more laid back season for us. Hope to see some of you then - if not here, then during my upcoming Fall trip out West.

Doug

5. RV Camper1

RV Camper1
    Expand Collapse

Well, I guess that I too am one of those who has not been around for some time. I have to say that the reason I stopped coming by was that it seemed to be a very slow forum. On the other hand, I found it much better today than I did when last here, perhaps as long as six or more months ago.

6. Big Ben

Big Ben
    Expand Collapse

Well , I'm glad I stirred the pot alittle and and brought some of you out.
    Kirk glad to see you here. I alway enjoy your common sense answers on Good Sam.

7. gwbischoff

gwbischoff
    Expand Collapse

Como estan, y'all?

For me, we just bought our motorhome last year, so I had a bizillion questions.

Now that I'm a (ahem) seasoned veteran :rolleyes: , I don't have quite as many. Mind you, I'm always lurking and looking for topics that interest me.

I will say that I have grown weary of the "I didn't get my WiFi" or "I didn't get what I wanted so *they* have terrible customer service" posts. But at the same time, I realize that is part of what this site is about and I do have a right index finger which allows me to click to the next topic.

Happy travels.

8. DXSMac

DXSMac
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(gwbischoff @ Aug 19 2008, 12:21 PM) [snapback]12815[/snapback]

Como estan, y'all?

For me, we just bought our motorhome last year, so I had a bizillion questions.

Now that I'm a (ahem) seasoned veteran :rolleyes: , I don't have quite as many. Mind you, I'm always lurking and looking for topics that interest me.

I will say that I have grown weary of the "I didn't get my WiFi" or "I didn't get what I wanted so *they* have terrible customer service" posts. But at the same time, I realize that is part of what this site is about and I do have a right index finger which allows me to click to the next topic.

Happy travels.

GW, I'm surprised! I didn't know you started RV'ing last year. I thought you were one of the "LONG TIME PROS" at this.

JJ

9. gwbischoff

gwbischoff
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(DXSMac @ Aug 20 2008, 02:49 PM) [snapback]12817[/snapback]

GW, I'm surprised! I didn't know you started RV'ing last year. I thought you were one of the "LONG TIME PROS" at this.

JJ

We had a TT for 6 years but made the jump to a Class A last May.

Fooled another one... :D